Seemingly everyone appreciates about Zoom for the reason that it is uncomplicated to use and cost-free for any one to host digital conferences, digital golf equipment, spouse and children reunions and even weddings.
On the other hand, there are specified capabilities in the online video conferencing software package that not absolutely everyone is acquainted with like Zoom breakout rooms or tailor made Zoom backgrounds.
One of the most common capabilities that can be puzzling for a initially-time Zoom user is the little electronic hand. This hand lets you to interact with the conference host to warn them that you’d like to share a worry or add to the matter issue.
If you really don’t know in which to uncover the Zoom hand, you may locate oneself boosting your actual physical hand every single time and the host might not recognize you, specially in a large meeting.
We’ll walk you by means of every little thing you want to know about how to raise a hand in a Zoom meeting on your computer or cell product.
How to Increase a Hand in a Zoom Assembly
If you are attending a Zoom assembly from your Windows or Mac pc, use the guidance down below to increase your hand and ask for for a chance to converse.
Raise a Hand in Zoom on Home windows Laptop or Mac
- To get started off, start Zoom through the application or on your browser and select Be a part of a Assembly as a participant.
Notice: You can not obtain the Increase Hand possibility if you’re the conference host.
- Pick out Members from the meeting controls at the base of your screen.
- Pick out Increase Hand from the numerous solutions that seem inside of the Participants panel.
Be aware: There are keyboard shortcuts you can use on your Home windows Pc or Mac to raise your hand in Zoom. On your Windows Computer system, push Alt+Y and toggle the Increase Hand option to On or Off. You will see the tiny blue hand icon future to your identify when the option is enabled.
Take note: If you are applying a Chromebook, switch to our guidebook on how to use Zoom on Chromebook.
Elevate Your Hand in Zoom on Android or Apple iphone
If you’re utilizing Zoom from your Android smartphone or Iphone, you can elevate your hand applying the Zoom application for mobile equipment.
- To do this, open the Zoom app on your cellular phone, pick Join a Conference (as participant), and faucet Additional from the meeting controls at the decreased proper facet of the monitor.
- Faucet Increase Hand from the popup menu, and the meeting host will be alerted that you have lifted your hand.
Notice: When your digital hand is up, you will see a very little blue hand icon on your screen, and the host will also see the hand up coming to your identify. Zoom lists participants centered on the purchase in which they’ve lifted their palms.
How to Raise Hand in Zoom Dial-In Phone calls
If you want to be part of a Zoom conference by dialing in with a mobile phone selection, the measures you will just take to raise your hand are a little distinctive.
When you be a part of the meeting, dial *9 on your phone’s dial pad to increase your hand, and do the identical to lower your hand.
What to Do When You Can not See the Raise Hand Alternative in Zoom
If the Increase Hand possibility is not readily available in your Zoom meeting, it could be since the meeting host disabled nonverbal responses or you are in fullscreen method.
In complete display screen method, the bottom toolbar is minimized but you can reveal it on your computer system or mobile unit by going your mouse on the screen or tapping the display. At the time the toolbar seems, decide on or tap Individuals and the Increase Hand option will surface.
If the assembly host has disabled nonverbal comments, you will not see the Increase Hand solution. In these kinds of a scenario, you can constantly ask for the host to allow the nonverbal feedback to enable the Elevate Hand attribute.
If you are the assembly host and you need to have to help the Elevate Hand aspect for your assembly contributors, you can do so within the Individuals panel.
- To do this, sign into Zoom on your browser and choose My Account.
- Beneath the Personalized tab, choose Settings.
- Locate the Meeting tab and then scroll down to the Nonverbal feed-back solution.
- Toggle the swap on to allow nonverbal responses for your meeting members.
How to Decrease Your Hand in a Zoom Meeting
You may perhaps have raised your hand or you accidentally raised it and really do not know how to decreased it. Whatsoever the scenario may be, here’s how you can reduced your hand in a Zoom conference.
- On your Windows Personal computer or Mac, find Members and then choose Lessen Hand.
- You can also decreased your hand on your Android telephone or Iphone by tapping More and decide on Reduced Hand.
- To reduced your hand utilizing a keyboard shortcut, press Alt+Y on your Home windows Laptop or Mac, and then toggle the Lessen Hand alternative to Off.
Notice: If you’re the conference host, you can decrease a participant’s hand by selecting Members from the meeting controls, and then hover around the participant’s title and select Reduce Hand. On your Android mobile phone or Apple iphone, faucet on the Individuals tab, tap on the user’s title, and pick out Lower Hand from the popup menu.
Meeting hosts can also perspective all the contributors who lifted their palms in the Zoom conference by picking the raised hand icon on the screen, or glance for the Raised Hand icon up coming to the contributors in the Individuals menu.
Capture the Meeting Host’s Attention
The elevate hand characteristic is a quick and quick way to catch the host’s focus in a Zoom conference, in contrast to elevating your physical hand or unmuting your microphone to ask for to discuss. We hope you had been equipped to find the feature on your system and now know how to use it to your gain.
Check out out additional of our Zoom guides such as 7 Zoom tests to perform ahead of your following conference or what to do when your Zoom microphone is not doing the job to enable you navigate the application.