GoPro tends to make arguably the greatest action cameras on the market, which is not stunning given that they invented the products classification. On the other hand, no matter how superior the camera is, you still want to edit that footage into a slick merchandise that will delight your audience.
So if you’re pondering how to edit GoPro movies, right here are some of the ideal applications and assets you can use to make wonderful footage.
Edit GoPro Movies Directly in the Application
Okay, so you’ve recorded your GoPro footage and now you’re completely ready to edit it. You really don’t have to go very much to do it! The GoPro App (Android & iOS) for smartphones has a very fundamental, yet quickly and potent video editor built into it.
It will stroll you by way of every phase of a normal edit. If you don’t know substantially about video editing, or really do not care, this is the most effective option for you.
Use an Advanced Mobile Editor
The GoPro editor is good if you don’t have the time or skills to do a correct edit. It lets you rapidly share your adventures to your followers on social media, even though adding some attitude and flavor with automated audio and cuts.
This is amazing, but really limited. The very good news is that you can get innovative video clip editors for cellular units that give you far more total regulate. For illustration, LumaFusion for iOS delivers practically as much modifying electric power as desktop movie editors. On Android, applications like Adobe Premiere Hurry give you much extra alternatives than GoPro’s app does with a quite intuitive touch-centered interface.
These two apps are just our have major options on each and every respective cellular system, but these times you actually are spoilt for choice.
- iMovie has a cellular model on iOS which rather significantly has all the bells and whistles of the macOS version. In point, you can start off your job on your Iphone or iPad and then seamlessly move it above to the macOS variation. Best of all? iMovie is completely no cost!
- PowerDirector is a free of charge Android video editor that’s very-rated by buyers. However, several of the most effective capabilities are locked powering a top quality subscription product.
- FilmoraGo is a superb option for buyers who really do not have a great deal online video enhancing practical experience. It has equally Android and iOS variations. What’s good about this application is that it’s hyper-streamlined and gives you with anything from audio to exclusive results in a person package deal.
Shift Your Footage to a Computer system
Whilst cell movie editors have come a lengthy way, there’s continue to no substitute for right desktop movie modifying packages. This implies you will have to get your footage on to that computer system if you want to function with it there.
With GoPro cameras, you have two principal means of performing this. The to start with is to clear away the SD card from your digicam and place it into a personal computer SD card reader. Many laptops presently have these built in, but on most desktop computers you are going to have to use a USB card reader. If you’ve moved your footage onto your smartphone you can upload it to the cloud and then obtain it to your personal computer.
Some more recent GoPro cameras can also upload footage straight to GoPro cloud storage. If you have picked out to pay for it, that is.
The Ideal Computer Video clip Editors for GoPro Footage
Now that you’ve got your GoPro footage on your laptop, you need to have to get a good video clip editor to course of action it. On desktop operating units there are a prosperity of choices, but we do have some tips as to which are the greatest for the two novices and those on the lookout for extra potent offers.
- On Home windows, Linux, and Mac you’d do very well to give the OpenShot free and open up-resource online video editor a try. It’s pretty pleasant to newbies, costs almost nothing and is effective across a number of operating units.
- If you are willing to commit a tiny revenue on a subscription, then Adobe Premiere Professional is an superb alternative to edit GoPro movies. It is an market-standard offer, has lots of support materials built into it and can do just about anything you’d want from an modifying perspective.
- Adobe also offers Premiere Elements, which you can acquire for a a person-off value. It’s substantially additional restricted, but it is developed to allow full beginners generate some thing that rivals experienced output. Just with less artistic independence. Premiere Aspects 2020 does having said that contain motion-camera specific options, these kinds of as coloration correction, lens distortion removing and help trimming your clips for optimum action.
- On macOS, you can only start off off with the free involved iMovie software. We’ve got a good tutorial for you, so if you have a Mac, examine out What Is iMovie? A Guidebook On Receiving Commenced. Apple’s own Ultimate Slash Professional is the final macOS-specific online video editor you can obtain, but of program it’s very highly-priced.
- If you really do not want to invest any money and you want a experienced-quality editor, then your most effective possibility is DaVinci Resolve. Its no cost version has most of what you are going to at any time require and it runs on Home windows, Mac and Linux. Lots of video clip editors are leaping ship from Premiere to Solve. Its Professional version has a comparable price tag to Last Lower Professional and it’s a one particular-off obtain.
Sources for Stock Online video and Audio
Your GoPro footage is amazing! On the other hand, a total task may possibly have to have more than just the things you shot. Which is why any GoPro movie editor really should be knowledgeable of excess resources. Perhaps you want some sweet music or a great inventory video clip clip to tie scenes jointly or develop an intro.
The great news is that the internet is chock-total of wonderful methods you can use in your job. Some won’t cost you any revenue, some will be free of charge. All of them arrive with unique licenses that dictate what you are permitted to use them for, no matter of rate.
Considering that there are so lots of, we’ve taken the liberty of putting collectively devoted articles or blog posts listing excellent web pages for media creators.
If you’re searching for video clips, head over to The 10 Best On the web Sources For Royalty-Free Videos which lists assets for the two hobbyists and experts.
Seem outcomes are usually overlooked, but putting the appropriate foley in your task can have a big impact. If you will need some “pow” and “zing” in your online video, look at out the 10 Best Sites to Come across Royalty-Free of charge Sound Consequences.
No GoPro video is full without having a fantastic soundtrack to set the temper, but the tunes involved with the stock app are confined and overused. If you want fresh new new beats, head over to The 7 Finest Spots To Obtain No cost Ambient New music.
The Primary System of Modifying a GoPro Movie
Alright, so now we’ve absent more than all the issues you want to edit a GoPro video, but the past piece of the puzzle is your workflow. That’s the sequence of gatherings from where by you prepare your shoot to where by you have the remaining movie. There is no these types of point as a universal workflow for a online video edit, but to give you a rough guideline as to how you could go about it, we have designed some beneficial guides that can enable.
If you stick to these fundamental guides, you ought to have a fairly first rate GoPro online video at the conclude. The relaxation all relies upon on your personal creative imagination and, of system, the good quality of the footage you built. If the stars align, your GoPro video could be the up coming viral sensation!