There are several explanations you could want to modify your Twitch title from what you already use. Maybe you believed of a new title you’d like much more, or your existing username does not sense like a good healthy anymore. Twitch makes it simple to change your username. On the other hand, you can only adjust it after each 60 times.
You will also want to retain in head that followers will have a really hard time getting your streams if you improve your username and you have presently recognized a pursuing.
How to Change Your Twitch Name
To transform your Twitch username, very first be absolutely sure that it’s been at minimum 60 days, or 2 months, due to the fact you have last transformed it. If so, abide by these measures on a personal computer to change your username.
- On the homepage, decide on your profile icon.
- In the dropdown, decide on Options.
- Beneath profile, scroll down to Profile Configurations and locate Username. If it claims You may update your username underneath your present username, you are going to be able to continue on. If not, you possibly have to wait around lengthier.
- Select the pencil icon to the suitable of your current username. A window will pop up exactly where you can variety in the new username you want. At the base, you are going to see what your new Twitch URL will appear as right after you update your username.
- The moment you’ve entered the new identify, select Update. Your username will then be transformed as will your Twitch URL.
Twitch will inform you on the update window that your aged username will be sent back again into the pool of out there usernames right after 6 months. This signifies that if you come to a decision you want your previous username back again eventually, you will continue to be in a position to do so, as your username will not be shown as readily available to other people ideal away.
How to Modify Your Twitch Display Name
Whilst your Twitch username really variations the URL of your Twitch account and streams, you can always alter your display name to no matter what you want without impacting this. This way, if you want a identify improve but really do not want to commit to a comprehensive URL alter, this is a superior route to take.
Exhibit names can be something you want, and you can often improve it. Here’s how to do this alternatively of a username change.
- From the major Twitch homepage, simply click on your profile icon.
- In the dropdown, find Options.
- Underneath Profile Configurations, below your username, you will see Show Identify. The textual content box should be open up for you to style and edit.
- Once you’ve created variations to your exhibit name, the Conserve Changes button at the base of the profile configurations box will mild up purple. Pick out this to help you save your display identify.
No matter whether you transform your Twitch username or exhibit identify depends on how drastic of a transform you want your Twitch channel to undertake. If you make a decision to change your username, you’ll have to notify followers of this alter so they can entry the right URL. Switching your display title removes this stress.
How to Adjust Your Twitch Username on Cellular
If you are striving to use the Twitch application to modify your username, this is essentially not attainable to do. Nevertheless, if you want to use your cell cellphone, you can however use a browser to adjust your Twitch username. Just comply with these steps beneath.
- On your decided on browser, go to the Twitch web page.
- If you are employing Chrome or Firefox as a browser, you can faucet on the 3 dots in the corner next to the URL to pick to check out the desktop website.
- If you are making use of Safari, you can truly still entry the desktop site. The ordinary Twitch cell web site won’t let you to alter your username, which is why you require to access the desktop web page. On Safari, tap on the three dots in the correct hand corner across from the Twitch emblem. Tap on Privacy Coverage, and scroll all the way down and faucet on About. In the prime appropriate-hand corner, tap on the a few white bars and faucet on twitch.television set. You should then be taken to the desktop web site and can observe the next measures.
- On the Twitch homepage, tap on your profile icon, and in the dropdown find Settings.
- Less than Profile Options, pick the pencil icon up coming to your existing username.
- In the subsequent window, you can enter the new username you’d like. As soon as you’re finished, select Update and your username and Twitch URL will change right away.
Transitioning to a New Username
When you transform your username, your Twitch URL will also be improved. This signifies that the old URL you ended up employing will no more time immediate to your Twitch account. This may well cause troubles if you’re linking to your Twitch streams from other internet websites or have your URL up somewhere else.
To have a easy changeover to a new title on Twitch, you are going to want to be confident you update your previous Twitch URL anywhere you may possibly have it posted. This will stop any confusion for your followers. It may well also be a excellent thought to alert your followers beforehand of your new name alter, if attainable.
Owning a new Twitch username can be exciting, bringing rebranding choices if accomplished appropriately. Just make positive you continue to keep your followers in the loop, and you are going to continue to watch your streams prosper under a new title.